Pele Glazed Pebble Blend Series - Sea Turtle$39.95
Pele Glazed Pebble Blend Series - Sea Turtle
Sea Turtle & Lava Blend
Sheet Size: 12" x 12"
Piece Size: Random
In Hawaiian legend, Pele is the goddess of volcanoes & fire. The Pele Pebble Series showcases that legend by presenting unique lava pebbles made of Italian Basalt, glazed and mixed with rich, vibrant colors. The pebbles are carefully rounded and hand glazed one sheet at a time. The technique pairs Italian quality & artistry for your most creative design concepts.
Basalt is extracted from a deep layer of solidified volcanic flow, these pebbles are tumbled and then hand glazed in vibrant colors. Once glazed, the pebbles are fired at 1000 degrees Celsius allowing a strong bond much like a ceramic tile.
Pele Pebbles are an artisanal product and are decorated by hand, therefore may have shade variations that are not defects, but characteristics of the product.
Suitable for floor, walls, kitchen splash back, wet areas, exterior frost-free zones etc.
- Properly cured mortar beds-ANSI A108.1B (cured a minimum of 7 days).
- Cementitious backer units (CBU)-ANSI A118.9.
- Concrete slabs cured for 28 days minimum.
- Gypsum board (dry areas only)-ASTM C1396 or ASTM C1396M-04.
- Note: An ANSI A108A-2.1.8 membrane is required behind all CBU installations in wet areas.
Setting Materials & Methods:
Setting material requirements will vary dependent upon the type of mosaic product being installed and the nature of the substrate.
- Advice on the appropriate setting materials should be sought from your tile and stone dealer at the time of purchase.
- Only use setting materials that meet or exceed TCNA guidelines
- Only use an accredited licensed contractor experienced in the art of installing mosaic products.
- Setting methods must conform to the TCNA guidelines.
Note: Grout Selection:
The use of sanded and some premixed urethane micro glass bead enhanced grouts may cause damage to scratch sensitive surfaces. Always check with your Stone and Tile Dealer, Setting Contractor or Grout Manufacturer before selecting the grout type. FlooringSupplyShop.com is not responsible for any damage to the tile surface due to incorrect grout selection or incorrect grouting procedures.
- Glazed Pele Pebbles can be used on interior wall applications.
- Sealing is required before and after grouting.
- A natural stone, water based sealer is recommended.
- We recommend traditional cementitious grouts, but modern two-component epoxies can also be used by carefully following the manufacturer’s instructions.
We recommend sealing with a penetrating sealer prior to installation.