You May Also Like
Warmup Dual Cable Tester$40.00
Warmup Dual Cable Tester - DCT-1-SB
The Dual Cable Tester allows for two load-neutral-ground connections of heating cables of any voltages.
The device is designed to alert you with an alarm and flash if there is any damage to the attached cables. Order a Dual Cable Tester online
Warmup’s Dual Cable Tester was designed for floor heating installations. The Dual Cable Tester monitors continuity (the path for electricity to flow) and measures the resistance of the heating cable(s) at the same time for, not only one heating cable, but TWO at the same time.
It will measure resistance from 2 to 1000 Ohms to make sure the integrity of the heating cable has not been compromised.
- Up to 125 hours of operation while in use
- Low battery alert
- Suitable for cable gauge up to 13 AWG
- Flashes and sounds loudly
- Monitors two separate circuits concurrently
- Convenient hook to secure near electrical box
- Dims/Weight: (in carton): 140 x 84 x 32mm (~5x3x1”), 160 gr / 6 oz
- Power-up - Insert 9V battery in rear of device. Upon activation, the red and green lights will flash 3 times. Connecting Cables
- Cables - Using the screw terminals at the bottom of the device, connect your heating cable or circuit following the Load (L), Neutral (N) and Ground (G) nomenclature. For voltages beyond 120V, use the Neutral slot as the second Load. Once connected, turn on one or both of the tester screens using the toggle switch above the screens.
• When there is no fault, green light(s) are on
• When there is a heat wire fault, the heat wire light flashes red and an alarm will sound.
• When there is a ground wire fault, the ground wire light flashes red and the alarm wil sound.
Note: The alarm will sound for 2 seconds every 4 seconds in the first minute, then every 30 seconds to ensure battery conservation.
- How - The Dual Cable Tester allows for two load-neutral-ground connections of cables of any voltage. It will measure resistance from 2 Ohms to 1000 Ohms with a 1% precision margin. Via a 9V battery it will send a continuous signal into the cable to monitor (1) a stable resistance between cores and (2) the absence of resistance on the ground sheath or cable.
Up to 125 hours of operation while in use
How to use the Dual Cable Tester during installation:
1. Connect the black element from heating cable 1 to the “L” terminal from Dual Cable Tester labeled “Heater 1”.
2. Connect the yellow or red wire from heating cable 1 to the “N” terminal on the Dual Cable Tester labeled “Heater 1”.
3. Connect the ground wire from heating cable 1 to the “G” terminal from Dual Cable Tester labeled “Heater 1”
(Optional: repeat if you have a second cable).
4. Flip the switch to the “ON” position for one or both of the heaters and leave it on for the duration of the installation.
5. The resistance reading(s) should be in range for the heating cable(s) you are installing, see installation instructions for more information.