Mosaics Marble Penny Series - Green White Grey$47.50
Mosaics Marble Penny Series - Green White Grey
Price per Sheet 0.90 sq ft
Sheet Size: 11" x 11.75"
Colors: Green White Grey
Finish: Matte finish
Uses: Interior Dry Walls, Interior Floors, Shower Walls, Shower Floors, Exterior Walls
- Properly cured mortar beds-ANSI A108.1B (cured a minimum of 7 days).
- Cementitious backer units (CBU)-ANSI A118.9.
- Concrete slabs cured for 28 days minimum.
- Gypsum board (dry areas only)-ASTM C1396 or ASTM C1396M-04.
- Note: An ANSI A108A-2.1.8 membrane is required behind all CBU installations in wet areas.
- Note: All glass, foil backed glass, stainless steel and copper metal, aluminum, resin metal and blended element products must be set a minimum of 8”away from any naked flame.
1. Measuring: Measure coverage area, make sure to purchase at least 10% extra material than is required. This will account for any breakage or mis-cuts during installation, and ensure you have extra material should you have to replace any tile elements in the future.
2. Verifying Dye Lot Consistency: The owner or end user is responsible for determining the acceptability of the product. Due to the handmade, artistic nature of our product, variation in color, shade, tone, and size is normal.
- Upon delivery, open and inspect each box of tile.
- Verify dye lot consistency in the following manner. To establish color control samples, randomly select 5 pieces from your order from different boxes.
- To assure shade variations are acceptable check, the remaining sheets or field tile in your order against the control samples, prior to installation.
- If ordering additional materials. Sample shall be sent to help attempt to match previously ordered material.
3. Setting Material: Because of the translucent nature of glass, the color of the bonding material will impact the ultimate look of the tile. We highly recommend the use of white polymer modified white thin-set.
Acceptable Thin-Sets (White Color):
- MAPEI: Adesilex P10 Bright White Thin-Set Mortar mixed With Keraply Mortar Additive
- BOSTIK: Glass-Mate™ GLASS TILE MORTAR
- BOSTIK: ReFlex Ultra-Premium Latex Modified Thin-Set Mortar
- LATICRETE: Glass Tile Adhesive
- TEC SPECIALTY PRODUCTS: Super Flex Premium Performance Universal Latex-Modified ThinSet Mortar
- MAPEI: Keracolor S
- Bostik: Dimensions & TruColor
- LATICRETE: 1500 Sanded Grout
- TEC: AccuColor Premium Sanded Tile Grout
4. Cutting: Plan the placement of the tiles on your wall prior to installation. If you need to cut a mosaic sheet, cut from the back using a utility knife between tiles along the grout joints. Should you need to cut across tiles in a fashion that is not possible with a utility knife, use a wet saw with a diamond blade to cut through the tile.
5. Drilling: Using a drill bit designed for glass is recommended. When drilling the hole, keep the bit and hole lubricated to prevent chipping. Start by drilling from both ends of the tile, starting with the back and drilling half the depth of the tile. Then, turn the tile over and complete the hole is recommended. This will prevent the glass from chipping as the drill bit exits the tile.
6. Applying Setting Materials:
- Apply setting material using the notched side of a V-notched trowel. Using the flat side of the trowels, smooth out all ridges to achieve a consistent, even 1/8” (3mm) coverage.
- Apply glass mosaic sheets, mesh -side down, firmly into freshly laid setting material. Mix and match from assorted sell units to achieve consistent variation. Using a rubber grout float gently press the tile into adhesive to ensure complete contact.
- Natural Stone should be sealed prior to grouting. A premium penetrating sealer is recommended for a natural look. Please refer to sealer manufacturer’s recommendations for application instructions.
7. Cleaning: Clean all excess grout immediately with a damp sponge. After 12 hours polish off any remaining haze with a dry cloth or towel. For tough stains, we require the use of PH Neutral cleaner to clean the tile and grout, such as Grout & Tile neutral cleaner.
Maintenance & Care
Required to use a soft bristle brush to scrub the tile surfaces and grout. Take care to only use a soft bristle brush, to avoid the chance of scratching or damaging the grout. Then, simply wipe the surface, rinse well with clean water, and dry with a soft clean towel.
We strongly recommend customers to use a licensed tile contractor to do the tile installation and always use TCNA tile installation handbook as the installation guidance
Colors may vary from picture, Product may have chips, pitting and other characteristics, Pictures are only an indication of color, texture and finish