HeatMatrix Uncoupling membrane Underfloor Heat Membrane - Cut1 review $2.59
HeatMatrix™ Uncoupling membrane Underfloor Heating Membrane - Cut
HeatMatrix Underfloor Heat System Membrane - Cut per order
For use with WarmWire by SunTouch or any other underfloor heating Spools
Every feet run equal to 3.3 sq feet.
Sold by Linear ft. priced by sq. ft.
For fast, easy installation of wire electric floor heating
WarmWire® HeatMatrix™ uncoupling membranes provide the ultimate protection of your tiles and underfloor radiant heating system from damage caused by moisture or water vapor and floor movement.
Manufactured from a flexible material, HeatMatrix is an easy-to-install underlayment providing uncoupling properties for tile, water proofing for the subfloor, and a simple installation of heating wires.
WarmWire® HeatMatrix uncoupling membrane from SunTouch® protects your tile investment while offering a fast, easy method of installing WarmWire electric heating cables. Rest assured, stepping onto a finished tile floor installed with WarmWire and HeatMatrix will guarantee warmth and durability for many years to come.
HeatMatrix offers installers and DIYers many first-class features and benefits:
- Less rollback memory to allow for faster, flatter setting during installations
- Multiple wire-spacing options for various heat outputs and flexibility during installation
- Compatibility with modified thinset
- Waterproofing and vapor management*
- Durable, lightweight uncoupling with sheer stress control
* HeatMatrix is a great choice in concrete applications and where moisture or water vapor is a concern. Polypropylene construction provides a barrier against surface water while deep grooved channels allow evaporation of moisture from below the membrane.
HeatMatrix also comes equipped with a unique Vapor Management system designed with built-in tunnels to swiftly alleviate water and prevent mildew and mold formations.
Water-resistant and highly durable, HeatMatrix is designed to work most effectively with WarmWire floor heating cables.
- Roll = 161 Square Feet
- 3- and 2-shape spacing = 14.8 W/ft2
- 3-shape spacing = 12.3 W/ft2 (Standard spacing)
- 3- and 4-shape spacing = 10.6 W/ft2
Versatile heating cable capability:
Spacing can be adjusted to match floor and room heating needs.
Alternate between 2" and 3" (5 and 7.6 cm) spacing for high heat loss areas or between 3 and 4" (7.6 and 10 cm) for lower heat loss areas. 3" (7.6 cm) spacing is the standard.
Where can HeatMatrix™ be installed?
• On structurally sound subfloors or concrete under tile, stone, or laminate. Include both heated and unheated areas to provide full coverage for crack-isolation and waterproofing.
• For areas exposed to surface water, use HeatMatrix Joint Strip to seal the gap between rows of membrane.
How is WarmWire® installed?
• To install WarmWire within the HeatMatrix uncoupling membrane, simply press the wire into the channels provided.
• After securing, WarmWire must be embedded in a polymer modified thinset mortar before the floor covering is installed.
How much HeatMatrix do I need?
Calculate the total wall-to-wall area of the room. Subtract the square footage of spaces that will not be covered with tile or stone to get the total HeatMatrix area required.