Ebbe Subfloor Recess Kit - E116$99.00
Ebbe Subfloor Recess Kit
This kit quickly and easily lowers the subfloor between joists for a barrier free shower installation. Comes complete with all necessary brackets and fasteners. Compared with other floor lowering systems it’s extremely flexible and economically price
The Ebbe Subfloor Recess Kit is used to lower a subfloor between the joists.
- Kit will recess up to 24 SF
- Quick install avoids joist penetrations and need for web stiffeners
- Wall brackets can be adapted to be used at joists
- Contains 15 Joist Brackets and 6 Wall brackets
- Kit contains 75 wood screws and 36 Joist hanger nails
- 2×4 and subfloor material not included
- Use of subfloor adhesive at hanger seats recommended
The Ebbe Subfloor Recess kit is used to quickly and easily lower a subfloor between the joists for a barrier free shower installation.
Perfect for I-Joists because you install the bracket on top of the I-Joist.
Brackets need to be spaced at a maximum of 36″ to achieve L/360 with a live load of 40PSF and a dead load of 20PSF.
You supply the 2×4 lumber that will sit on the brackets. We recommend structural grade 2 or better douglas fir, larch or pine.
If your subfloor is thick, trim the 2×4 so the subfloor is flush with the joist.
– Kit will recess up to 24 SF
– Quick install avoids joist penetrations and need for web stiffeners
– Wall brackets can be adapted to be used at joists
– Contains 15 Joist Brackets and 6 Wall brackets
– Kit contains 75 wood screws and 36 Joist hanger nails
– 2×4 and subfloor material not included
– Use of subfloor adhesive at hanger seats recommended
1. Remove subfloor to walls and joists as needed. Sub-floor should not overhang the joist bay or be left unsupported.
2. Install Joist and wall brackets. Brackets to be spaced a maximum of 36” on center to achieve L/360 with a live load of 40PSF and a dead load of 20PSF. Structural grade #2 or better Douglas Fir, Larch, or Pine.
a. Use Screws to attach joist brackets and joist hanger nails to attach wall brackets
b. Wall Brackets can be bent onsite if needed. (nail to sub-floor or bottom plate then use hammer to bend the bracket down) Notches on wall bracket represent top and bottom of sub-floor. (See Fig. 1)
3. Create 2x4 frame as shown and place frame into hangers. Best practice recommends sub-floor adhesive and screws at hanger seats.
4. Install subfloor to 2x4 frame with adhesive and screws
In Stock - Ship Same Day