Better-Bench InvisaBolt Support SystemFrom: $27.95
Better-Bench InvisaBolt Support System
INVISABOLT™ The floating bench mounting system
Price per each
INVISABOLT support system for use with BB-ADJR adjustable bench which allows for a floating bench (no end connection required), and completely free of any visible support.
This fully independent supporting unit, can be mounted to most vertical surfaces quickly and efficiently, saving the installer valuable time.
What once took days can now be done in about an hour! Engineered 400 lb load capacity on all bench products.
Mounting to a 2 x 6 stud wall is recommended, minimum 2 x 4 stud wall wit a direct ceiling connection is required.
To determine InvisaBolt Support requirement :
Mounting wall to wall up to 36" - no additional support required
Mounting wall to wall up to 63" - Two INVISABOLT support required
Mounting on back wall and one side wall up to 36" - Two INVISABOLT support required
Mounting on back wall and one side wall up to 36" - Three INVISABOLT support required
Mounting with no side support up to 36" - Two INVISABOLT support required
Mounting with no side support up to 48" - Three INVISABOLT support required
Mounting with no side support up to 63" max span - Four INVISABOLT support required
How to Install
1. 4 x 6 Minimum structural wood blocking must be unstacked flush to front face of studs prior to placement of tile substrate. Secure with (4) 16d nails at each end of block. Locate horizontal center-line of blocks to align with center line of BB-ADJR. Wood blocking must extend to the next wall stud beyond the BB-ADJR width. Install tile substrate per manufacturer’s directions.
2. Expend bench to width desired, being sure to keep large holes in front face of the BB-ADJR installation instructions.
3. Viewing from front of bench, locate the 1- 1/8" holes that are visible after bench has been expanded and secured. These are the mounting locations for the INVISABOLT! (drill out exposed metal if necessary)
4. Temporarily place bench in final location and mark center-line of INVISABOLT locations on substrate (you may wish to cut 2 or 3 temporary legs from scrap wood to provide support when completing the ollowing operations!) Set bench unit aside.
5 Using 5/8" bit. drill INVISABOLT mounting locations through substrate into preinstalled blocking for combined depth of 4". Keep drill straight, level, and as perpendicular as possible to wall surface. Be careful not to penetrate other side of finish wall. Slide plastic insulator onto the INVISABOLT and insert through the large hole in front face of BB-ADJR unit and thread into 5/8" pre-drilled locations. Tighten the bolts until INVISABOLT face "just" makes uniform contact with the front face of BB-ADJR. Provide a sufficient amount of additional caulk or liquid waterproofing material to protect INVISABOLT penetration Through bench and wall.
6. Follow Better-Bench ADJR standard method mounting instruction. Steps 2-4 to secure the bench to final position and fill with appropriate fill material. Do not "bury" INVISABOLT head with mortar. Allow mortar to cure at least 48 hrs. Prior to continuing. Tighten INVISABOLTs 1/4 - 1/2 turn or until resistance is about 15 lbs. torque. Do not over tighten or cause a deflection in face or bench.
7. Apply finish material to top of bench, face and exposed ends.
Self-supporting, one piece frame is easy to install with supplied fasteners, requiring no additional waterproofing or structural reinforcement.
Use in wet or dry locations; mount over any U.B.C. approved substrate material.
Takes only minutes to mount, place mortar mix (sand & cement), and tile as desired.
Better-Bench is manufactured in the U.S.A
Flooring Supply Shop carries the following Better Bench products:
- InvisaBolt Support System
- 17" Triangular Shelf
- 17" Support
- 24" Triangular Bench
- 30" Triangular Bench
- Adjustable Rectangular Bench