Installation Guide SunStat Relays Control 500680
By SunTouch® A division of Watts Water Technologies, Inc.
User Guide SunStat Relay Slave units
If a mat or cable system requires more than 15 amps, we recommend installing SunStat Relays.
SunTouch’s new SunStat Relays System is specially designed for large floor heating applications exceeding 15 amps. Here’s how it works:
Relays connect directly to SunStat thermostats for simple, elegant control of larger system
SunStat Relays don’t require a special “master thermostat”, as before with the older version, this new Relays are dual voltage 120 VAC or 240 VAC, have a 15-amp capacity, and on/off switch and GFCI and test light.
It’s possible to control over 1500 sq. ft. of electric floor warming using 120 VAC and cover 3,000 VAC sq. ft floor warming mats or cables.
- Programmable and Non-programmable models available
- Controls up to 10 slave units (120vac & 240vac)
- Low voltage wiring means SunStat Relay can be installed anywhere
- Silent operation
The new SunStat Relays System is specially designed for large floor heating applications exceeding 15 amps. Here’s how it works:
First, find the amp draw for each SunStat, UnderFloor or Warm Wire product on our web site, or on our more information section, then determine how many can connect to each relay. Up to ten 15-amp Relays can connect to one SunStat.
Ten Relays. Plus the internal relay in the SunStat, provide a total capacity of 165 amps! Each Relay should be connected to individual 20 amp breakers, as shown in this page picture
- Convenience: controls up to 10 slave units from a single master thermostat. Each Slave Unit can handle up to 15 amps.
- Controls slave units operating on different line voltages.
- Versatility: works with programmable and non-programmable models.
- Floor sensor enables precise control of floor temperature.
- Advanced temperature control ensures total comfort by minimizing temperature variations.
- Battery free.
|RATINGS||0.5 A @ 24 V – R, C, W|
|Temperature Control:||Microprocessor-optimized PIA Heating cycles: 15 minutes Accuracy: ± 0.5ºC / 0.9ºF|
|Switching Action||Works with slave units|
|Temperature Setting||Manual: (TH113F Non-programmable model) 7-day independent programming: (TH115F Programmable model)|
|Dimensions (H-W-D)||124 x 70 x 23 mm / 4.89 x 2.76 x 0.91 inches Floor sensor: 4.6 m / 15 feet|
The Slave Unit with a built-in GFCI is controlled by a SunStat to heat
part of a large area..
Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI)
- Slave Unit models meet UL and CSA standards for Class A GFCIs.
- Slave Unit models cut power to the heating system when a 5mA leak is detected.
Specifications – 500680
|SunStat Relay Slave Unit 500680|
|Power Supply||120/240 VAC 50/60 Hz|
|Maximum Load||15 amps, resistive|
|Maximum Power||1800 watts at 120 VAC
3600 watts at240 VAC
|GFCI Class (5 millamp trip)|
|Storage Temp||0 F to 120 F (0 C to 49 C)|
|ETL Listing||Control No. 3037530|
International Flooring Center, Inc. / flooringsupplyshop.com.
5047 W Jefferson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016
SunTouch Floor Heating Mat Links
SunTouch SlabHeat Cable Links
SunTouch Floor Heating Spool Links
Heating Controls Links
Misc. SunTouch Links