Warmup Foil Radiant Heating System 130 sq ft - FOIL-130-240From: $1,295.00
Warmup Foil Radiant Heating System 130 sq ft
Warmup FOIL is suitable for use with most Carpets, Laminates and Engineered floating floors. This includes many brands of LVT.
The Cut & Turn Foil panel by Warmup is an ultra thin electric radiant floor heating system designed for use under laminate, carpet, engineered wood and other floating floors. It can be conveniently installed under the floor finish in dry areas without the need for additional earth grids. FOIL panels are 1/8” thick and hardly raise floor levels as they sink into the pad or insulation layer (See WIU). The installation of FOIL systems does not require cementitious adhesives. This is the perfect solution in Sunrooms, basements and bedrooms.
- Installs between the insulation pad and the floor
- Foil won’t raise floor levels.
- Aluminum layers spread the heat laterally and prevents hot-spots
- Great for heating under floating floors such as laminate and engineered wood
Mat Length (ft)
Warm carpets feel great underfoot, but they also help keep your home healthy by keeping humidity levels low, keeping dust mites and other allergens in check.
• There are several benefits to having under carpet heating. First of all hygiene. Carpets tend to absorb dust. Furthermore, the hot air from conventional radiators causes the air in the room to circulate. As a result of this, they circulate the dust and impurities. Underfloor heating heats up objects rather than the air and does not cause air circulation. Radiant heat is, therefore, the most suitable heating system for carpets
• The most commonly used floor heating solution with carpet is the Warmup Foil Heater. Foil Heater is specifically suitable for use with floating floors and large and regular shaped areas. The super-thin, fully earthed, flat aluminum foil will not raise the floor levels visibly, hence why it makes a great solution for renovations.
• When choosing your carpet flooring, attention must be paid to the overall thickness of any materials above the heater including any underlays and overlays. Over Foil, the carpet must be at least 1/4″ thick, but no more than 1″ thick.
The underlay should have low thermal resistance and the carpet should be hessian backed to promote efficient operation of the system. A felt underlay should not be used as it may create a thermal blocker hindering the performance of the system.
Any type of carpet padding can be used as long as it has a density of 6 pounds per cubic foot or more. Most good quality rebounded polyurethane (rebound) and prime polyurethane are 8 pounds per cubic foot or more.
Over the Foil heater the R-value of the carpet should not be greater than 1.
• With laminate floors, the key is to ensure thermal conductivity, which is best when using a more dense laminate. The thinner the flooring material, and the higher the density, the shorter the heat-up time and the more responsive the system will be.
• The Warmup Foil Heater is an electric underfloor heating system for laminate and other floating floor finishes. The Foil heater is made up of a fiber reinforced foil wrapped around a thin multi-strand, dual-core heating cable, that is insulated with an advanced fluoropolymer. The foil provides a continuous earth layer within the floor construction whilst diffusing the heat away from the heating cable.
• Thermal Conductivity of Laminate - When choosing the laminate flooring ensure that the material is as dense as possible for good thermal conductivity. The denser the material, the better it transfers heat. Also, the thinner the flooring material and the higher the density, the shorter the heat-up time and more responsive the underfloor system will be.
• Floor Thickness - Both laminate and solid wood flooring make a good floor covering to go with underfloor heating as long as the wood is not overly thick. We recommend that wood or laminate thickness should be no more than 18mm as any thicker than this will hinder the efficient performance of the system. When it comes to the board width, wider boards will often show more “movement” than more narrow boards of the same material, so we recommend that the ratio of thickness to width should be in the region of 7 to 11. A board with a thickness of 16mm and width of 160mm would give a ratio of 10, so it is ideal.
• Floor Temperature - Laminate and wooden floor surface temperatures should not exceed 27°C. This top temperature restriction is secured by using a thermostat which controls the heating system. If you are thinking of using floor heating as the sole/primary source of heat, get a heat calculation done to ensure that the floor heater will meet your heating requirement for the room.
Installation for Laminate Flooring
Installation of underfloor heating is dependent on the type of the system. Foil Heater being a popular system with underfloor heating the installation will include:
- The type of underfloor heating
- Fitting the final floor covering
• Underlay Thickness - It is good to note that everything above the heater, including underlay and final floor finish, needs to be in the limits set in the table below.
If the manufacturer of the laminate flooring states that it must be used in conjunction with an underlay, the underlay must be no more than 3mm – 6mm thick and breathable.
• Limits of Heat Transfer - When using the system with laminate flooring, care should be taken to ensure effective performance of the system and we do not recommend installing a floor heater if the limits below are not met. This may hinder the performance of the system and result in the system not working as desired.
• Transfer of Heat Limits
Tog - 1.5 (Unless otherwise stated)
RSI - 0.15m² K/W (Unless otherwise stated)
R-Value (US) - No more than 1.42
- Operating voltage - 240V
- Cable thickness - 1/8” (3 mm)
- Width 1.64” (500mm)
- Cable thickness - 1/8” (3mm)
- Inner Insulation - Advanced fluoropolymer (ETFE)
- Heating cable spacing - 2” (50mm)
- Output rating - 12 W/sq ft
- Coil tail length - 10ft (3m)
- Connections 3-core grounded cord attached
- Approvals - cULus
WARRANTY & MAINTENANCE
10-Years Limited Warranty, This product comes with a 10-Years Warranty. We are completely confident in the standard of our products.
Safety Net Installation Guarantee, If you accidentally damage the heating system during installation, return it to Warmup and we will replace it with another heater of the same make and model free.