You May Also Like
Warmup 3in1 Ultralight Insulation Boards Under Tile 48 sq ft$179.00
Warmup 3-in-1 Ultralight Insulation Boards Under Tile 48 sq ft Bundle
3-in-1: Insulating, Heat Spreading, Decoupling
69% Energy Savings during Heat Up + 12% Energy Savings during the Heat Cycle = Savings of $1/sqft per Year in Electrical Costs
Dimensions: 2’x4’x1/4”. Minimum box of 6 boards 48sqft.
Ultralight™ is a specialized composite board designed for floor heating applications. Manufactured as flat, flexible, sheets they are water and mold resistant. The top surface incorporates a heat spreading aluminum layer combined with non-woven fleece.
The core of PEF insulation provides thermal separation from the floor beneath, ensuring a rapid thermal response of a heated layer of tiles or leveling compound above.
The rapid thermal response promoted by the PEF insulation and diffusion layer allows the flooring to heat up faster, resulting in a more energy-efficient and comfortable heated floor.
The base layer of non-woven fleece functions as a high-performance anti-fracture membrane for tile and stone floor coverings. It also facilitates a high-strength mechanical bond.
Using Insulation Boards with floor heating significantly reduces heat-up times and running costs.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The heat spreading aluminum layer improves comfort and reduces running costs. This enabled the floor to achieve the same comfort temperature with 12% less energy
- PEF insulation layer reduces heat up times by 76 minutes on slabs and reduces energy used during heat up by 69%
- Decoupling fleece layer provides high performance protection against tiles cracking due to lateral subfloor movement in accordance with ANSI A118.12 standard • Ultralight weighs just over 1lbs per board making it much lighter and easier to carry than standard cement-based tile insulation and backer boards and it is more durable due to the high strength composite design meaning it wont break if bent or dropped
- Ultralight achieved Heavy Commercial rating when used with large format tiles (600 mm x 600 mm) and Light Commercial rating when used with standard tiles (300 mm x 300 mm), in accordance with ASTM-C627 (Robinson Test)
- The lightweight composite design makes it easier to cut curves and complex shapes, compared with cement-based tile insulation and backer boards and will not dull knife blades
- Ultralight will not crumble, dent, or create dust when cutting or kneeling on the boards which means no dust to clean or breathe in during installation
Technical Specifications - Ultralight
Composition - Non-Woven Polypropylene Fleece Aluminium Extruded Polyethylene Foam Non-Woven Polypropylene Fleece
Thickness - 1/4" (6mm)
Dimensions - 2’ x 4' / 610mm x 1219mm
Weight of Board - 1.43 lbs
Thermal Resistance - 0.630•F • ft2 •h/BTU / 0.111 m2/W
Thermal Conductivity - 0.031 BTU/•F •ft • h / 0.054 W/mK
Mold Growth - Does not support mold growth
Do I need Insulation Boards?
Many people wonder if it is worth insulating under their floors and the answer is that yes, it definitely is. Insulation boards are ideal for use with electric underfloor heating as they prevent the heat from the heating system escaping downwards to the subfloor. The Warmup Insulation Boards do not let the heat pass through from the heater to the subfloor. Therefore the heat gets pushed upwards, onto the floor surface where you want the heat to go. It is recommended to always carry out a heat loss calculation if you are considering buying an electric underfloor heating system to understand how well your house is currently insulated and how big the heat loss is in your home.
Insulation boards always improve the efficiency of your underfloor heating system by allowing a quicker heat up time, when no heat is getting wasted by going downwards away from the floor surface.
How does the Warmup Insulation Board work?
The low thermal conductivity of the insulation board enhances the efficiency of underfloor heating systems, even when used over pre-insulated subfloors. This is because the insulation board prevents the thermal mass from escaping downwards, significantly reducing the amount of heat absorbed by the subfloor. This allows the underfloor heating system to warm the floor and the room up faster and ensures the floor cools down faster after use. By reducing the amount of time the room takes to warm up and cool down, the room can spend longer at its cooler set-back temperature – reducing heat loss and conserving energy.
Due to their waterproof properties, Warmup insulation boards can also be used to insulate bathroom and shower walls. Tiles can be applied directly onto the insulation boards without any preparation required beforehand.