You May Also Like
TFC 100 Polyurethane Waterproofing Sealants 10.oz White$19.95
TFC100-WH Polyurethane Sealants - White
10.1fl. oz. (300ml) disposable cartridges.
TFC 100 are one component polyurethane sealants formulated to become tack free and cure rapidly. TFC 100 are UV resistant and have excellent weathering, providing long-life performance
Why TFC 100 Sealants?
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Bonds to most substrates without priming
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent flexibility for dynamic joint movement
- High abrasion and tear strength
- Non staining
- Paintable and sandable tack free surface
- Speed and ease of application
- Sticks to Kynar finish
- Superior gunning and tooling
- 6 TFC standard colors, others available
Where to use:
- Above and below grade
- concrete, masonry, brick, aluminum, wood, steel,painted metals and natural stones
- Curtain wall interior joints
- Expansion joints Fascia
- Horizontal and vertical
- Interior and exterior
- Metal Panel
- Parapets / flashing
- Perimeter sealing of windows, doors and skylights
- Precast / tilt-up
Storage & Shelf Life
When stored in the original, unopened containers at or below 75 F (24 C), shelf life is one year. A product skin may form in pails and drums, remove prior to use.
TFC 100TM and TFC 116TM are formulated to obtain adhesion without the use of a primer; however, certain substitutes may require a primer. Test by applying the sealant and/or primer sealant combination to confirm results and proposed application methods. Contact TFC
The substrate must be clean, dry, frost free, sound and free of any oils, greases or incompatible sealers, paints or coatings that may interfere with adhesion.
POROUS SUBSTRATE - Clean by mechanical methods to expose a sound surface free of contamination and laitance.
NON-POROUS SUBSTRATE - For cleaning nonporous substrates, use two rage wipe method xylene or an approves commercial solvent. Allow solvent to evaporate prior to sealant application.
1. Ready to use, apply using professional caulking gun. Do not open product container until preparation work has been completed.
2. Apply sealant using consistent, positive pressure to force sealant into the joint.
3. Tool sealant to create a concave joint shape and maximum adhesion. Dry tooling is recommended. DO NOT use soapy water or other liquids when tooling.
4. For cold or hot weather application, condition material to 65 - 75 F(18.3 - 24 C) prior to use.
EXPANSION JOINT DESIGN
1. The number of joints and the joint width should be designed for a maximum of +-25% movement at time of installation.
2. The depth of the sealant should be 1/2 the width of the joint. The maximum depth is 1/2in. (13mm) and the minimum is 1/4in. (6mm).
3. To control joint depth, use closed cell polyethylene or non-gassing polyolefin backer rod, use polyethylene bond breaker tape to prevent three sided adhesion.
4. Closed cell backer rod should be 25% larger than joint width; do not compress more then 40%.