Quarter Round Solid Wood Molding$34.99
Quarter Round Hardwood Molding - Pre-Finish
Coordinating moldings are available for all styles and colors of any Hardwood flooring you choose.
Available for use with - All Size Floors
Hardwood flooring must be installed with expansion space between the flooring and the wall because it naturally expands and contracts due to weather conditions.
This molding not only adds a finishing touch, but conceals the expansion space.
It may also be used under cabinets where wall base won't fit or at the base of a stairway to provide a subtle blend between the horizontal and vertical surfaces.
Installing Hardwood Moldings and Transitions
• Moldings should be acclimated 48 hours
Moldings must be pre drilled to avoid splitting whenever they are to be secured with nails or fasteners.
• The tool of choice for cutting hardwood moldings is a 10 or 12” motorized miter saw with pre-set adjustments for the basic miter cuts at 22.5o, 45o, and 90o. A carbide tipped blade makes the best cuts. Be sure the saw blade is positioned to cut into the finished face
• On Wall Base or Quarter Round moldings, never restrict the hardwood floor’s natural contraction/expansion movement by driving the fasteners at a downward angle. Attach the moldings to the wall or vertical surface.
• Always miter cuts rather than having butt cuts when splicing. Decide the direction of the miter by cutting the molding with the long point oriented in the same direction as your natural line of vision when you enter the room.
Where it may be used - Quarter Round creates a subtle blend between the wall base and wood flooring. Also used alone to transition between a hardwood floor and cabinetry.
• Quarter Round - This molding conceals the required expansion space between the wall/ wall base and the hardwood flooring. It is also sometimes used under cabinets and toe kicks where a wall base won’t fit or at the base of the stairs to provide a subtle blend between the floor and the wall or vertical surface.