Mosaic Handmade Porcelain Subway - Marble Grey Glossy$19.90
Mosaic Porcelain Subway - Marble Grey Glossy
Pool Rated for use in Swimming Pools
Porcelain mosaic in penny-sized pieces
Price per Sheet
Material: Handmade Porcelain
Piece Size: 11 1/2" x 11 1/2"
Individual Size: 3 3/4" x 1 3/4
Sq Ft Per Piece: 0.92
Colors: Marble Grey
Suited for: Residential, Commercial, Light Commercial
For use in
- Pools, Pool Liners
- Interior Dry Walls
- Interior Floors
- Shower Walls, Shower Floors
- Exterior Walls
- Pool rated and acceptable for use on shower walls.
- The polyurethane cord backing makes installation easy.
- for use in Pools, Pool Liners, Shower Walls, Interior Dry Walls
- Properly cured mortar beds-ANSI A108.1B (cured a minimum of 7 days).
- Cementitious backer units (CBU)-ANSI A118.9.
- Concrete slabs cured for 28 days minimum.
- Gypsum board (dry areas only)-ASTM C1396 or ASTM C1396M-04.
- Note: An ANSI A108A-2.1.8 membrane is required behind all CBU installations in wet areas.
Setting Materials & Methods:
Setting material requirements will vary dependent upon the type of mosaic product being installed and the nature of the substrate.
- Advice on the appropriate setting materials should be sought from your tile and stone dealer at the time of purchase.
- Only use setting materials that meet or exceed TCNA guidelines
- Only use an accredited licensed contractor experienced in the art of installing mosaic products.
- Setting methods must conform to the TCNA guidelines.
Acceptable Thin-Sets (White Color):
- MAPEI: Adesilex P10 Bright White Thin-Set Mortar mixed With Keraply Mortar Additive
- BOSTIK: Glass-Mate™ GLASS TILE MORTAR
- BOSTIK: ReFlex Ultra-Premium Latex Modified Thin-Set Mortar
- LATICRETE: Glass Tile Adhesive
- TEC SPECIALTY PRODUCTS: Super Flex Premium Performance Universal Latex-Modified ThinSet Mortar
Note: Grout Selection:
The use of sanded and some premixed urethane micro glass bead enhanced grouts may cause damage to scratch sensitive surfaces. Always check with your Stone and Tile Dealer, Setting Contractor or Grout Manufacturer before selecting the grout type. Maniscalco is not responsible for any damage to the tile surface due to incorrect grout selection or incorrect grouting procedures.
Measuring: Measure coverage area, make sure to purchase at least 10% extra material than is required. This will account for any breakage or mis-cuts during installation, and ensure you have extra material should you have to replace any tile elements in the future.
Cutting: Plan the placement of the tiles on your wall prior to installation. If you need to cut a mosaic sheet, cut from the back using a utility knife between tiles along the grout joints. Should you need to cut across tiles in a fashion that is not possible with a utility knife, use a wet saw with a diamond blade to cut through the tile.
Drilling: Using a drill bit designed for glass is recommended. When drilling the hole, keep the bit and hole lubricated to prevent chipping. Start by drilling from both ends of the tile, starting with the back and drilling half the depth of the tile. Then, turn the tile over and complete the hole is recommended. This will prevent the glass from chipping as the drill bit exits the tile.
Applying Setting Materials:
- Apply setting material using the notched side of a V-notched trowel. Using the flat side of the trowels, smooth out all ridges to achieve a consistent, even 1/8” (3mm) coverage.
- Apply glass mosaic sheets, mesh -side down, firmly into freshly laid setting material. Mix and match from assorted sell units to achieve consistent variation. Using a rubber grout float gently press the tile into adhesive to ensure complete contact.
- Natural Stone should be sealed prior to grouting. A premium penetrating sealer is recommended for a natural look. Please refer to sealer manufacturer’s recommendations for application instructions.
Cleaning: Clean all excess grout immediately with a damp sponge. After 12 hours polish off any remaining haze with a dry cloth or towel. For tough stains, we require the use of PH Neutral cleaner to clean the tile and grout, such as Grout & Tile neutral cleaner.
Maintenance & Care
Required to use a soft bristle brush to scrub the tile surfaces and grout. Take care to only use a soft bristle brush, to avoid the chance of scratching or damaging the grout. Then, simply wipe the surface, rinse well with clean water, and dry with a soft clean towel.
Required to use PH Neutral Cleaner to clean the tile and grout, such as Grout & Tile Neutral Cleaner
We strongly recommend customers to use a licensed tile contractor to do the tile installation and always use TCNA tile installation handbook as the installation guidance
Colors may vary from picture, Product may have chips, pitting and other characteristics, Pictures are only an indication of color, texture and finish