Laminate T- Molding$26.99
Laminate T- Molding
Size - 7 10" L x 1 5/8" W x 3/8 " T
Laminate T-Molding is commonly used in doorways to join two laminate floors in adjoining rooms. It's also recommended when making transitions from a laminate floor to another floor that is approximately the same height
T-Molding is used when two level flooring surfaces meet, like in a doorway or a narrow archway. In a doorway, center the T-Molding under the space that the closed door occupies. Likewise, in an archway, the T-Molding should be centered.
• A complete line of trims and transition pieces are offered to finish your floor, including T-Molding, Reducers, End Molding/Carpet Transitions, Wallbase, Quarter Round and Stairnosing.
Laminate T-Molding Installation Tips:
To install the T-Molding, first install the molding track by gluing, screwing or nailing it 1/4" from the edge of each adjoining flooring surface (equals about 11/8"). Push the T-Molding into the track, working from left to right.
• The tool of choice for cutting hardwood moldings is a 10 or 12” motorized miter saw with pre-set adjustments for the basic miter cuts at 22.5o, 45o, and 90o. A carbide tipped blade makes the best cuts. Be sure the saw blade is positioned to cut into the finished face
• On Wall Base or Quarter Round moldings, never restrict the hardwood floor’s natural contraction/expansion movement by driving the fasteners at a downward angle. Attach the moldings to the wall or vertical surface.
• Always miter cuts rather than having butt cuts when splicing. Decide the direction of the miter by cutting the molding with the long point oriented in the same direction as your natural line of vision when you enter the room.
• Silicone sealant should be used in expansion zones in bathrooms, near kitchen sinks, dishwashers and refrigerators with icemakers.
• Note: In heavy traffic areas, use screw-type fasteners or nails to permanently secure the molding into the Molding Track.