Laminate Quarter Rounds$18.99
Laminate Quarter Rounds
Size - 7 10" L x 5/8" W x 3/4" T
Trim your walls or baseboards with simple-to-install Quarter Rounds for a finishing touch
Quarter Rounds is used to finish the perimeter of the room where the expansion space was left for the seasonal expansion and contraction of the flooring, remove spacers and install Wallbase and/or Quarter Round.
• A complete line of trims and transition pieces are offered to finish your floor, including T-Molding, Reducers, End Molding/Carpet Transitions, Wallbase, Quarter Round and Stairnosing.
Wallbase and/or Quarter Round are installed by nailing them directly into the wall. Never allow nails or screws in the Wallbase or Quarter Round to enter into the laminate flooring or the expansion zone around the flooring perimeter, as it will prevent proper expansion and contraction of the flooring.
You must pre-drill nail holes in both types of wall moldings before nailing, to eliminate any splitting.
Be sure to nail the Quarter Round into the wall or Wallbase and not into the flooring as it will prevent expansion and contraction of the flooring.
Use Coordinated putty to fill the countersunk nail heads.
• The tool of choice for cutting hardwood moldings is a 10 or 12” motorized miter saw with pre-set adjustments for the basic miter cuts at 22.5o, 45o, and 90o. A carbide tipped blade makes the best cuts. Be sure the saw blade is positioned to cut into the finished face
• On Wall Base or Quarter Round moldings, never restrict the hardwood floor’s natural contraction/expansion movement by driving the fasteners at a downward angle. Attach the moldings to the wall or vertical surface.
• Always miter cuts rather than having butt cuts when splicing. Decide the direction of the miter by cutting the molding with the long point oriented in the same direction as your natural line of vision when you enter the room.
• Silicone sealant should be used in expansion zones in bathrooms, near kitchen sinks, dishwashers and refrigerators with icemakers.
Where it may be used - Quarter Round creates a subtle blend between the wall base and wood flooring. Also used alone to transition between a hardwood floor and cabinetry.
• Note: In heavy traffic areas, use screw-type fasteners or nails to permanently secure the molding into the Molding Track.