Laminate End Molding - Carpet Reducer$26.99
Laminate End Molding / Carpet Reducer
Size - 7 10" L x 1 3/4" " W x 1/2" T
Provides a smooth transition from Laminate Flooring to carpeting or tile as well as exterior doorways and hearths.
• A complete line of trims and transition pieces are offered to finish your floor, including T-Molding, Reducers, End Molding/Carpet Transitions, Wall base, Quarter Round and Stairnosing.
When transitioning from laminate flooring to carpet, leave a 1" space between the finished floor and the front edge of the carpet. Install the Molding Track by gluing or nailing it 1/4" from the edge of the flooring. Push the molding into the track working from left to right. Finish the carpet by tucking it between the molding and the tack strip.
• The tool of choice for cutting hardwood moldings is a 10 or 12” motorized miter saw with pre-set adjustments for the basic miter cuts at 22.5o, 45o, and 90o. A carbide tipped blade makes the best cuts. Be sure the saw blade is positioned to cut into the finished face
• On Wall Base or Quarter Round moldings, never restrict the hardwood floor’s natural contraction/expansion movement by driving the fasteners at a downward angle. Attach the moldings to the wall or vertical surface.
• Always miter cuts rather than having butt cuts when splicing. Decide the direction of the miter by cutting the molding with the long point oriented in the same direction as your natural line of vision when you enter the room.
• Silicone sealant should be used in expansion zones in bathrooms, near kitchen sinks, dishwashers and refrigerators with ice makers.
• Note: In heavy traffic areas, use screw-type fasteners or nails to permanently secure the molding into the Molding Track.