SealGuard Waterproofing Membranes
Air, Moisture and Waterproofing Membranes
Ready-Mixed flexible coating that’s is roller or brush applied directly to approved surfaces to serve as water, Air and moisture resistive barrier.
For use as an water, air weather resistive barrier over any cement boards conforming to ASTM C1325. All sheathing joints, terminations, inside and outside corners must be reinforced with SG-4, SG-6, SG-9 or Util-A-Tape REINFORCING FABRIC.
1. Use directly from original container or prepare in container that is clean and free of foreign substances. DO NOT use container that’s has contained or been cleaned with petroleum based products
2. Mix SealGuard with a clean, rust free paddle and drill to homogeneous consistency.
3. Note: DO NOT ADD WATER
4. Additives are not permitted
5. Clean tools with water immediately after use.
Apply to substrates as listed above in “Uses” section.
Substrate shall be clean, dry and free of release agent, paint or other residue or coating.
Apply reinforcing fabric (mesh-tape)* to all joints, window and door opening, shower pan, niche and seat joint being certain to embed in SealGuard liquid.
Note: it is necessary to pre-wet the synthetic roller pad with water and spin out the excess water, The pre-wetting only need to be done once at start of application.
* Mesh-tape is tacky on one side and will stick in place for a short time.
You have just enough time to spread your waterproofing membrane and/or thinset.
Apply the tape as you are applying the waterproofing and/or thinset. doing it ahead of time will sometimes leave a “bump” or high spot on the joint.
Follow installation instruction for the particular product being installed.
1. Protect SealGuard material during transportation and installation to avoid physical damage
2. Store in a cool, dry place protected from freezing. Store at no less than 4°C (40°F). Protect from extreme heat and direct sunlight. Shelf life is one year when unopened and stored as directed.
3. Do not apply SealGuard in ambient temperature below 4°C (40°F). Provide Supplementary heat during installation and drying period )at least24 hours after installation and until dry) when temperatures less 4°C (40°F) prevail.
4. Do not apply SealGuard materials to frozen or frost-laden surfaces.
5. Limit the exposure of SealGuard to weather. The maximum recommended exposure period is 30days
6. prior to application of the finished wall material, visually inspect the SealGuard for voids, pinholes, surface deficiencies. Etc. repair deficiencies and area that are in tact. Apply additional SealGuard as necessary such that SealGuard is free of voids, pinholes,, etch.
7. Dry/cure time for adhesively fastened insulation board may be prolonged, particularly in cool and/or damp weather.
8. Non-cementitious adhesives are not recommended for surface attachment.
Avoid getting in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Avoid breathing vapors or mist.
Wear safety glass or goggles, impervious gloves and clothing with long sleeves and pants.
If TLV or PEL can be exceeded, wear respirator selected by technically qualified person.
Wash thoroughly after handling.
Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Wipe up small spills with rags. Absorb spills with sand, vermiculite or kitty litter; sweep up and place in suitable container for disposal.
Time saving… Waterproof… Worry Free. The difference is CLEAR.
Health and safety
Caution: May be harmful if vapors or mist are inhaled, if absorbed through skin, or if swallowed. May cause eye, skin and respiratory tract irritation. Swallowing this product can cause kidney damage.
Eyes: For eye contact, rinse eyes with water. Remove any contact lenses and continue flushing with plenty or water for several minutes. Seek medical attention if irritation develops and persists.
Skin: for skin contact, wash effected areas with plenty water and soap if available, for several minutes. Seek medical attention if irritation develops and persists.
Internal: if inhaled, remove from area to fresh air. Seek medical attention if respiratory irritation develops or if breathing becomes difficult.
If swallowed, give 3-4 glasses of water, but do not induce vomiting unless directed to do so by a physician. Do not give anything by mouth too an unconscious or convulsing person. Get medical attention.
Read material safety data before using this product
Every reasonable effort is made to apply T.Clear Corporation exacting standard both in the manufacture of our products and in the information, which we issue concerning these products and their use. We warrant our products to be good quality and will replace or, at our election, refund the purchase price of any products proved defective. Satisfactory results depend not only upon quality products but also upon many factors beyond our control. Therefore, except for such replacement or refund T.Clear Corporation makes no warranty or guarantee, express or implied, including warranties of fitness for particular purpose or merchantability, respecting its products, and T.Clear Corporation shall have no other liability with respect thereto, including any liability for incidental or consequential damages. Any claim regarding product defect must be received in writing within thirty(30) days of the date of discovery or one year from the date of shipment which ever is less. No claim will be considered without such written notice or after the specified time interval. User shall determine the suitability of the products for the intended use and assume all risk and liability in connection therewith. Any authorized change in printed recommendations concerning the use of our products must bear the signature of the T.Clear Corporation technical Service Director. Other warranties may be available from T.Clear Corporation however, this warranty shall apply in the absence of any other written warranty signed by an authorized representative of T.Clear Corporation
Available containers: Quart 1 Gallon, 2 Gallon and 5 Gallon
The post SealGuard Air, Moisture and Waterproofing Membranes first appeared on Flooring Supply Shop Blog.