How To Seal & Maintain Unpolished Granite, Marble, Travertine & Limestone
The following information is based on product application reports and manufactures information and is provided in good faith to assist the consumer. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND PRODUCT LABELS COMPLETELY BEFORE USING. PRE-TEST IN AN INCONSPICUOUS AREA PRIOR TO APPLICATION TO DETERMINE IF THE DESIRED RESULTS ARE ACHIEVED.
Product recommended: Glaze ‘N Seal Stone Sealant Impregnator is a water base sealer that provides a no shine “natural look” and premium resistance to stains, oil & water on unpolished natural stone. Can be used interior and exterior.
Application equipment:White cotton towels, clean lambs wool applicator, dense sponge, sprayer or paint pad applicator.
Procedure: Read product label directions carefully and test a small area to insure satisfactory results before proceeding,
NOTE: It may be necessary to pre-seal stone before grouting, particularly if dark, colored grout is used or stone surface has a rough texture. Glaze `N Seal Stone Sealant Impregnator may be used as a pre-seal grout release. Apply one liberal coat allowing it to soak in. Allow to dry 24 hours before grouting.
Grout according to manufacturer’s directions Clean as you grout to minimize water contact. Be sure stone is clean, free of grout haze, and dry before final seal of stone and grout. Wait at least 24 hours, or more.
1. Sweep or vacuum surface.
2. Apply one (1) liberal, even coat of Glaze `N Seal Stone Sealant Impregnator with a lambs wool applicator, sponge or sprayer. Put extra sealer in grout.
3. Wipe surface dry of excess sealant after 10 minutes with clean, white cotton towels or rags.
4. Allow surface to dry at least four (4) hours, or overnight, before allowing limited traffic.
NOTE: Glaze `N Seal Stone Sealant Impregnator is a water-based, “natural look” sealant that forms a barrier that resists moisture and stains – even oil! It is especially appropriate for high traffic areas and in food preparation and serving areas where maximum stain resistance is desired. If water resistance is a special concern, (such as shower area or pool waterline tile), we recommend Glaze ‘N Seal Stain Defense Sealer be used instead of Stone Sealant Impregnator.
OPTIONAL APPROACH: If color enhancement or a gloss is desired consider using a COATING-TYPE SEALER or COLOR ENHANCER. Read directions carefully and ALWAYS test first. Consider:
- 1. Glaze ‘N Seal Slate Sealer (coating) for a low gloss.
2. Glaze ‘N Seal Multipurpose Sealer (coating) for a semi gloss.
3. Glaze ‘N Seal Stone Color Enhancer (penetrating) for non gloss plus color enhancement
NOTE: For interior use, when additional gloss and protection is required Glaze `N Seal High Gloss Acrylic Floor Polish may be used after sealing. Periodic re-application may be required.
Product Recommendation: Glaze `N Seal’s Neutral Cleaner or Stone Cleaner
Cleaning Equipment: Synthetic mop and bucket with wringer or sponge.
- 1. Vacuum or sweep surface.
2. Mix 2 to 4 ounces of Glaze `N Seal Neutral Cleaner or Stone Cleaner per gallon of water.
3. Apply solution onto the surface and allow to dwell on surface 3-5 minutes.
4. Agitate with a clean sponge or mop.
5. Use mop or wet-vac to remove dirty solution.
6. Rinse mop and change cleaning solution at least every 500 sq.ft. or as needed for large areas.
7. (Optional) Rinse with mild solution of 1 ounce of Glaze ‘N Seal Neutral Cleaner or Stone Cleaner per gallon of clean water to remove all soil and mineral residue.
8. (Optional) Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Periodic Heavy-Duty Cleaning
Product Recommendation: Glaze `N Seal’s Heavy Duty Cleaner.
Cleaning Equipment: Synthetic mop and bucket with wringer, and scrub brush or scrub machine.
- 1. Sweep or vacuum surface.
2. Mix one (1) part Glaze `N Seal’s Heavy Duty Cleaner to 15 parts water.
3. Apply solution on to surface allow to dwell on surface 3-5 minutes.
4. Agitate with scrub brush or scrub machine.
5. Use mop or wet-vac to remove dirty solutions.
6. Rinse mop and change cleaning solution at least every 100 sqft. or as needed for larger areas.
7. Rinse thoroughly with water.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE TIPS
- Vacuum or sweep the surface daily to remove loose dirt and soil.
- Use protective felt pads on legs of moveable furniture.
- Promptly wipe up any spills to minimize the risk of staining.
These recommendations are intended as general guidelines for the care and maintenance of porcelain tile. The actual product dilution ratios and maintenance requirements may vary depending on the use and type of soiling. ALWAYS TEST FIRST!
More information on how to clean Seal and maintenance your hard surface
The post How To Seal n Maintain Unpolished Granite Marble Travertine n Limestone first appeared on Flooring Supply Shop Blog.