Constructing Your Shower Using a Vinyl, Chloraloy or a Roll-On (liquid) Liner for Waterproofing
Note: Steps 1 – 3 apply for both Pre-Pitch and Quick Pitch..
1. Determine the size and shape of your shower including the drain type and its location.
2. With the roughed-in 2 x 4 curb in place, measure the distances from the drain to the walls, curb and corners.
Note: Quick Pitch Float Sticks #QPK-101 and Pre-Pitch Float Sticks #STD-201 are 36″ in length. If the distances are greater, Quick Pitch Extended Float Sticks #EXT-103 and Pre-Pitch Extended Float Sticks #EXT-202 kits will be required.
3. Starting in a corner, measure by 2–2 1/2 foot increments around the perimeter of the shower making sure a Float Stick will be positioned in each corner.
Note: The closer the Float Stick ends are to each other, the easier the screeding of the mud mixture will be.
4. To determine the quantity of Kirb Perfect #543 sections needed, measure in 30″ increments. Curb sections are 30″ and have dove tail connectors to attach to one another and will accommodate any length or angles.
5. Determine which type of shower drain you will be using. Quick Pitch Kits #QPK-101 come supplied with a center ring designed for standard shower drains to attach the float sticks. If a Ebbe square drain or 3” drain is to be used, the Universal Center Ring (#QPUCR-108) is available.
6. To figure the liner size or amount of Fabric membrane, measure the shower compartment length and width and add at least 6” or what is needed to all sides so the liner will go up the walls to a height of 3” above the shower curb on all walls and over the curb
A gallon of liquid waterproofing cover approximately 110 sq ft using 2 coats. (Watch this video to see how to apply liquid waterproofing on floor and walls) Watch the Video
7. Once you have figured the kits and liner necessary for your Goof Proof Shower, you will need to figure the amount of bedding mud (mixture consist of 1 part Portland cement and 4 parts clean sand) necessary to fill the kits. Using the square footage of your shower floor, multiply by 12.5 lbs. per sq. ft. (i.e. 3 x 5 = 15 sq. ft. x 12.5 lbs. = 188 lbs.). This amount should accommodate all kits.
8. Once all materials are gathered, you will want to watch our instructional DVD a time or two to gain confidence in the procedure necessary to complete your Goof Proof Shower.
More links about Quick Pitch System
How to Install Pre Pitch System – Quick Pitch with Composeal Vinyl – Quick Pitch Specifications – How to Install Kirb Perfect – StringA Level – How to Install Handi-kirb – Quick Pitch System Estimator – Ebbe Square Drain with Quick Pitch – Quick Pitch with Roll-on or Vinyl