QuARTz By ACO INSTALLATION DRAWING
Shower Channel Joisted Wood Floor Installation
Joisted wooden floors – typically CPE membrane used to provide waterproofing element.
1. Floor (Plywood) / Joist structure should be sufficient strength to take weight of finished shower base.
2. Tar paper should be stapled to the plywood floor before being covered with a galvanized metal mesh.
3. Water test shower base 24 hours after CPE membrane is fitted.
4. Mortar base “2” plus tile and adhesive should be no less than 1-1/2″ (40mm)
5. Finished shower floor should slope a minimum of 1% (1/8″ per 1ft) to the shower channel.
6. Refer to ACO’s latest installation instructions for complete details.