Constructing Your Shower Using Blanke Aqua Shield Sheet Waterproofing Material and Ebbe Square Drain
Note: Unlike Vinyl, Chloraloy and Roll-On Liquid Waterproofing, Pre-Pitch will not be used in this application. Quick Pitch Kits (#XFS-101.2 and #EXT-103) with Quick Clips (#QC-109) will be the tools of choice.
1. Determine the size and shape of your shower including
the Ebbe Drain and its location.
2. With the roughed-in 2 x 4 curb in place, measure the distances from the drain to the walls, curb and corners.
Note: Quick Pitch Extra Float Sticks #XFS-101.2 are 36″ in length. If the distances are greater, Quick Pitch Extended Float Sticks #EXT-103 kits will be required.
3. Starting in a corner, measure by 2–2 1/2 foot increments around the perimeter of the shower making sure a Float Stick will be positioned in each corner.
Note: The closer the Float Stick ends are to each other, the easier the screeding of the mud mixture will be.
4. After determining how many Float Sticks, both Standard and Extended, are necessary, you will need 2 Quick Clips (#QC-109) for every 36″ run.
5. To determine the quantity of Kirb Perfect #543 sections needed, measure in 30″ increments. Curb sections are 30″ and have dove tail connectors to attach to one another and will accommodate any length or angles.
6. To figure the liner size (Blanke Aqua Shield Sheet Water Proofing), measure the shower compartment length, width and wall height so the liner will go up the walls to the height of the ceiling or to where the tile ends and over the curb. Pre-formed inside and outside corners and Blanke Aqua Shield Banding are necessary and are available for this material, so be sure to figure all corners.
7. Once you have figured the kits and liner necessary for your Goof Proof Shower, you will need to figure the amount of bedding mud (mixture consist of 1 part Portland cement and 4 parts clean sand) necessary to fill the kits. Using the square footage of your shower floor, multiply by 9.5 lbs. per sq. ft. (i.e. 3 x 5 = 15 sq. ft. x 9.5 lbs. = 143 lbs.). This amount should accommodate all kits.
8. After all materials are gathered you will want to watch the instructional DVD a time or two to gain confidence in the steps necessary to complete you Goof Proof Shower.
Ebbe Square drain Links
Copyright © 2010 FlooringSupplyShop.com
The post Constructing Your Shower Using Blanke Aqua Shield Sheet Water Proofing Material and Drain first appeared on Flooring Supply Shop Blog.Bathroom Accessories Blanke Aqua Shield Ebbe square shower drain Quick Pitch Ready for tile shower pan Shower System WaterProofing