Installation Procedures for Promessa™ Series Baskets
STEP 1 Determine Basket Location
Step 1 Procedures:
• Determine the wall surface where the PermaTile™ Fastener should be located.
• Apply thin-set mortar with no less than a 1/4″ x 3/8″ notch trowel.
Warning: Use only latex modified mortars that meet ANSI A118.4 performance standard
STEP 2 Understand PermaTile™ Fastener
Step 2 Procedures:
• Prepackaged plastic thumb screws should not be removed until after grouting.
• Each PermaTile™ Fastener is constructed from high quality, solid stainless steel materials.
• The welded fastener is equipped with 8-32 internal thread studs.
Warning: Each threaded stud is covered with a plastic thumb-turn screw to prevent thin-set mortar from corrupting thread. Do not remove until after grouting.
STEP 3 Install PermaTile™ Fastener
Step 3 Procedures:
1. Press the PermaTile™ Fastener into the combed thin-set mortar at the predetermined location.
2. Key thin-set mortar into the back side of tile to ensure proper contact and adhesion.
3. Adjust as necessary, setting stud directly on tile edge.
STEP 4 Notch Tile
Step 4 Procedures:
1. Mark left side notch location.
2. Mark right side notch location.
3. Using an angle grinder, remove enough material allowing 1/16″ of adjustment side to side and up and down.
Warning: Notches and holes should not exceed 3/8″ in diameter to ensure ferrule has sufficient surface area during mounting.
STEP 5 Install Notched Tile
Step 5 Procedures:
1. Key thin-set mortar into the back side of tile to ensure proper contact and adhesion.
2. Press tile into wall and adjust as necessary.
3. This completes the fastener installation portion. Continue setting all other tile, allowing proper cure time as specified by thin-set manufacturer.
Warning: Do not proceed with accessory installation until after thin-set mortar has met minimum curing requirements specified by manufacturer.
STEP 6 Install Ferrules
Step 6 Procedures:
• Immediately proceed to accessory mounting after grouting is completed.
• Simply slip ferrules over studs.
• Included with each basket assembly are 2 ferrule styles. Each style contains two pieces.
• Ferrule Styles
• Standard Wall Ferrules are 7/16″ in length and will work with all tiles 1/4″ to 7/16″ in thickness.
• Thin Wall Ferrules are 5/8″ in length and will work with all tiles thicknesses under 1/4″ in thickness.
STEP 7 Install Basket Accessory
Step 7 Procedures:
• Each basket accessory is drilled with 2 countersunk holes that will match stud locations.
• Simply insert 8-32 stainless steel screw through hole in basket and attach to threaded stud.
• Using a 6” phillips head screw driver, attach screw firmly to basket accessory. Observe in photograph that the screw driver is situated under top rail to avoid scratching.
• After basket is installed, use a level to determine if basket is level. Adjust physically with your hands, after which re tighten screws.
Warning: Make sure screw and stud are parallel to avoid cross-threading. Turn carefully, cross-threading will require fastener removal.
STEP 8 Install Decorative Plugs
Step 8 Procedures:
• Included with each basket assembly are 2 decorative plugs. Plugs will cover drilled holes for screw attachment.
• Place plug over exposed hole and press to insert. Ease of installation requires that all prongs evenly enter drilled hole.
• Installation complete.